I just have to laugh because today was truly funny.
Perhaps God knew that I would get too worked up about the details or something because in my calendar I wrote down that Anthony's little brother was visiting TOMORROW, not today.
We almost finished a full day of school and I had just put the little guy down for a nap when there was a knock at the door. Guess who?
It was really really exciting! His little brother and another little 4 year old guy came to spend the afternoon with us. I felt horrible that we barely had any food in the house (I go grocery shopping on Saturday), but mostly I was just thankful that I had showered and the house was semi-clean.
The little guy woke up and we had five boys going in and out. Boys. Lots of boys.
The woman who has custody of Anthony's little brother is very sweet and I enjoy her company a lot.
Did I mention we had a lot of boys in the house? Five.
I somehow managed to remember to put the lasagna in the oven so it would be ready for dinner.
Then there was a knock at the door. It was the supervisor of the little guy's CASA (Court Appointed Special Advocate). I had to laugh when I opened the door and saw she had brought her two kids! One boy and one girl. I felt bad for her daughter. She was definitely outnumbered.
I welcomed her into the crazy and it wasn't long before Anthony's little brother and his family had to leave so we were back down to five children and then three again.
By the time Lee came home from work my head was spinning and as soon as I calmed down all of the tearful boys and put two out of the three to bed, I escaped and took a nice long walk.
Whew. I am telling you ... what a day! Perhaps this is how God is teaching me to embrace the chaos?
Either way, it was good for a laugh and the perfect excuse to eat some chocolate tonight:).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment