Yesterday was Halloween.
I woke up with a splitting headache and did my best to carry on with all three boys home (David had the day off from school).
My amazing husband knew I was miserable and came home from work early to help out. He sent me to bed and cooked a delicious soup for us all to eat for lunch. Am I spoiled or what?
Anyway, little D had a visit on Halloween night and Lee ended up taking him. He looked absolutely adorable in his costume.
Because he has so many allergies, I sent along some clementines with jack-o-lantern faces drawn on them for him to eat. Tonight at dinner, I realized that I have officially confused the poor little guy. He now calls clementines 'pumpkins' and thinks that pumpkins can be peeled at eaten like clementines!
I was in charge of the big boys and we had a wonderful time. Every year we meet all of our neighbors outside for pictures and the kids go trick or treating together in a group. By that time, I was feeling a little more normal and it was such a gift to see David and Anthony having so much fun.
Back at home and after eating dinner, the boys searched through their buckets to find two treats for dessert. Both of them sweetly offered to give me some of their candy. I don't remember being that generous when I was their age! Knowing that we would have a ton of left over candy, I declined their offers:).
That was our Halloween - yesterday.

No comments:
Post a Comment