"The eternal God is your refuge, and underneath are the everlasting arms." Deuteronomy 33:27
It is the middle of the night and I have been contemplating the safety of God's arms over these past hours as mine grew heavy from the weight of a sleeping toddler. He felt safe there - no where else and so there he stayed. Until, just moments ago I was able to gently settle him down.
I am praying that God uses this image and feeling to remind me to seek HIS comforting arms when I feel weary or afraid over these upcoming weeks.
And so I introduce you to the newest members of our foster family - Little D!
I can't really share too much, but boy is he a sweetheart with a great smile and laugh. With some little ones you feel an instant connection and with others it takes time and prayer. Little D happens to be one who instantly stole my heart.
David and Anthony are thrilled, but I know this is going to be yet another hard goodbye. They love so willingly and I pray that they never lose that.
Ironically, Lee and I are reading that devotional - Ready or Not by Pam Parish. It is excellent and has been great preparation for this time....it is also the perfect phrase as we temporarily expand to a family of FIVE again!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment