I didn't want to forget these two conversations we had recently with (A).
The Judge
(A): "When are we going to get to see the judge?"
Me: [knowing that he associates seeing the judge with his adoption] "Are you feeling ready for your adoption to happen?"
(A): "Yeah!"
Me: "Your adoption worker said that it might happen in February. Would you like to go and see the judge if we get permission?"
(A): "Yes!"
Mommies
(A): "Mommy, who is your mommy?"
Me: "Grandma is my mommy."
(A): "Oh, but who was your mommy when you were little?"
Me: "Grandma was my mommy when I was little too."
(A): "Really? My Mommy A was my mommy when I was little."
David: "And Mommy N was my mommy when I was little."
I love that this is becoming such a normal part of their lives...the way our family is set up. It also makes me smile to know how many similarities our boys share.
- They were both born in the same hospital (6 months apart).
- They both had the same social worker.
- They both had the same judge.
- They both have biological brothers who they love very much, but don't get to see as often as they (or we) like.
- They both have birth moms who made a very sacrificial decision for them.
- They both get to have their birth moms as a part of their lives.
I pray that these similarities will allow them to be a support to each other as they grow up.
-------------
Finally, one last (A) quote. It is one of my personal favorites:).
"Mommies are really smart!"
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment