Mother's Day was interesting this year.
I've never really been one to be sensitive or really even place that much importance on what happens for ME on this day.
It is a good thing too because this year as the boys are getting older...they are definitely more focused on their birth mothers. And that is ok. Sunday morning we made cards for them.
(A) was very proud that he drew a picture of a Manatee for his mommy, but we weren't so sure when he described another drawing as, "This is a Manatee and he is squished, but he is not dead." I usually write down what the kids dictate about their pictures, but I opted NOT to write down that one! Happy Mother's Day:).
David drew a beautiful card and then after church we bought them flowers.
Then the race began.
(A) had a visit with his mom at the same time as lunch with David's birth mom. As we waited for his mom, people must have been so confused since it was Mother's Day and he was calling me mom, but we were also waiting for his mom.
After she arrived, I left and tried to patiently wait through traffic in order to get to lunch with Lee, David, and Mommy N.
What a gift that was! God is certainly showing me how blessed we are by her. She bought a balloon and card for David to give to me. We both just love David so much and that is what will connect us for the rest of our lives. I didn't realize how rare that was until recently so I am thanking God for it.
Lee kindly offered to pick (A) up from his visit since it only left a short amount of time to sit and eat.
Once we were back home it was the usual:)...grocery shopping while Lee took the boys out to the park, dinner, baths, books, and then bed.
Today, however, the day AFTER Mother's Day, was really really nice. Sure...as I mentioned before, it was a forgetful day, but perhaps it was better because of that.
Lee has been working later because of his new job and so the boys and I were home, we had eaten, and they both were bathed and ready for bed. David offered me a massage - sweet boy! I accepted and then (A) joined in. We formed a train...(A) 'chopping' my shoulders and David 'chopping' (A)'s shoulders.
THAT was the life and what a wonderful Mother's Day gift. I thank God every night for my sweet boys AND for their moms!
God is good.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment