Pages

Thursday, June 10, 2010

Three Months to Three Years

Lee and I were looking at pictures of ourselves 'pre-kids' and yikes...have we really aged that much? I may complain a little, but in reality, I love it. If smiling gives me wrinkles- bring them on!

David turned three years old today. Wow. I thank God every day for bringing him into our lives and I am forever grateful that he has a birth mom who loves him with all of her heart...a birth mom who chose to give him life.

It seems so long ago (and yet sometimes it feels like just yesterday) that David joined our family at just three months.


David, you are our big three year old now, and I pray that God continues to help you grow into a man after His own heart. Thank you for all of your hugs and kisses...thank you for your laughs and your compassionate nature. I love when you get excited and jump up with an, "Oh yes, that's a good idea!" or when you challenge me with a, "That's not nice, mommy." I love when you remind me to give a cereal bar and some water to 'that man with the sign' and I love when you sing 'Blessed Be the Name of the Lord' over and over and over again...ok, I love that most of the time:).

Thank you for the blessing of being your mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment