Despite the LONG drive to and from NY, we had such a special time there. I will share many pictures in my next post.
During our travels, Little D. had us cracking up. That little guy has quite the sense of humor. Here are a few examples so that I can look back and chuckle:).
Little D. says my name a lot. "Kaari? Kaari? Kaari?" He does not continue with his questions or comments until I have acknowledged his attempt at communication one or two times with a, "Yes, Little D?"
Lee attempted to teach him how it might feel to have his name called over and over again.
Lee: "Little D? Little D? Little D?"
Little D's response was classic:
"That's my name, don't wear it out!"
We just about died laughing with that one. Clever boy.
------------------
What else? Let's see....Oh, yeah! The squirrel.
The little guy was hungry and we were getting close to stopping for dinner. Lee joked that perhaps he wanted to try eating a squirrel. Little D thought this was a good idea so Lee said that maybe he could ask our neighbor, Joe (who is particularly fond of squirrels and feeds them almost every day), if he could eat one of his squirrels.
Without missing a beat, Little D. proceeded to have the following conversation with himself:
"Joe, may I eat one of your squirrels please?"
"Why, yes, little D, you may."
"Oh, thank you, Joe!"
He then called out, "Lee, Joe said YES!"
----------------
Ok, that is all I can remember. There were more and I wish we had written them down!
Anyway, he certainly brings joy to our family and our 10 + hour car rides were full of laughter because of him.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment