We had a wonderful time this afternoon with Anthony's Mommy A, his tia, his younger brother, and cousin. It is such a gift to spend time together. We've seen his little brother more often than we ever thought would happen and absolutely love it.
I took the big boys to the visit and on our way there we had a good conversation about extended birth family. After the visit while we were all settling down to go to bed, Anthony and David both spent time looking at their Life Books. Little D was interested in Anthony's Life Book and wanted to see and comment on all of the pictures. After reading through it, Anthony read him this book:
In My Heart: A Book of Feelings by Jo Witek
It was a REALLY special moment because he became the 'teacher' and asked Little D how he was feeling and why. Just one year ago, I was reading this book over and over again to help Anthony with his ability to identify with his own emotions. It was beautiful to see him taking on this role with the little guy. God blessed me tonight with the gift of seeing healing in action and I was doing NOTHING - just watching and praising God!
Little D is such a gift to our family. He is spunky and never fails to keep us laughing. His eczema has been flaring up lately and we are praying hard that he will experience relief soon.
Well, leave it to this little guy to throw in a little humor regarding his situation.
One of his (many) favorite songs is this one:
He was singing it at the dinner table with motions and all, but changed the words and had us all rolling in laughter. What was he singing? Wish we could post the video, but here are the words:
"I've got so much so much so much...so much so much so much....so much so much so much to be THANKFUL for!
Oh, I've got my eczema to be the thankful for.....I've got my eczema to be thankful for!
I've got so much so much so much to be thankful for!"
Oh boy. I had no idea that the word eczema was in his vocabulary haha.
Talk about rejoicing and thanking God no matter the circumstances.



No comments:
Post a Comment