Pages

Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Big Deal

Anthony used to become very disregulated every night before bed whenever we did anything nurturing.

I could almost guarantee that he would make a poor choice after I had just snuggled with him, sang him a song, and tucked him into bed. It was as though he could not fall asleep unless he heard a firm voice telling him to do so.

I'll be honest. It was tempting to just throw the nurturing out the window, but we didn't. Instead, we decided to persevere. Almost every night, we read from their Bible and pray together.

The other night, as our prayers were ending, I realized that Anthony was practically asleep in my arms. I was stroking his face and his eyes were closed- he looked so peaceful.

Then it hit me that this is the second time this has happened and that is a BIG DEAL.

Praising God for the gift of progress in this journey toward healing!

No comments:

Post a Comment