Pages

Tuesday, October 14, 2014

My Attempt

Again, I feel like there is so much that I need to share about the ups and downs of this time, but the words escape me.

The feelings are so deep, but God's hands are holding me up - I feel it. 

Things are moving forward and I am taking advantage of when my mind is clear to make sure I am getting things in order so that the little guy can have as smooth of a transition as possible. Now I just need to figure out how I am going to explain this move to him. I suppose we'll take pictures of his new foster parents and new home and make a book for him. Yes, I think that will be best. Of course, the situation is such that it is isn't permanent yet and oh, how I desire for him to have some permanency - he deserves that more than anything. He needs permanency so that he can learn what it means to be in a family without having to say goodbye. 

There is so much that I want to store away and remember from our time with him. His hugs, his singing, his sweet mischievous smile, his love of books, his desire for order and how he enjoys cleaning up.....there are so many wonderful things to remember about our precious Little D! 

Tonight, David sat down before bed and worked hard on a drawing of his favorite dinosaur. He then added this note (I am editing slightly so that you can understand the meaning): "Keep this for ever. To Little D from Super Day your big brother. This was from 2014 when you were two years old. I LOVE you and God loves you more than I do. Remember me always and forever." 

Anthony needed to be reassured that Little D isn't leaving tomorrow. 

They both sort of know what to expect because of Baby C's transition last year. I hope that helps them a little. The "known" is often easier to handle than the "unknown."  

Alright...that was my attempt at writing about what is currently happening in our family! 

While it isn't easy, I do still have incredible hope that God is going to make something beautiful out of all this. 

No comments:

Post a Comment