My brother-in-law recently shared this picture on Facebook saying that he loves his family...we love him too! It is really cool how God creates families, isn't it? I don't know why, but I just can't get over how purposeful He is in this.
Today, I was surprised to see that Jaqueline had commented on this picture:
"Que hermosa familia tengo los AMO mucho y que DIOS los bendiga"
Translated: "What a beautiful family I have. I love you so much and God bless you all."
I asked Lee, "Does that really say what I think it says?" and my eyes swelled with tears.
Despite how much time has passed since Jaqueline and Ashley were in our home, she is still a daughter to me and nothing will ever change that. But oh, it is so special to read that she still claims us as her own.
This is a picture taken on the day of Jaqueline's going away party. She was traveling back to Mexico.
Me and sweet Ashley. She was just 11 months old in this picture.
After Ashley passed away, Jaqueline returned again to Mexico and on September 20, 2011 (my birthday), she gave birth to another baby girl...Frida. I cannot tell you what a gift it was to be able to see her and hug her again.
People would always ask me how I was related to Ashley when she was in the hospital and they would kind of look at me strange when I told them I was her grandma:). Both Ashley and Frida have an amazing Abuela in Mexico, but I am extremely proud to be their American grandma. And their mom, Jaqueline, will forever hold a place in my heart as my daughter.


No comments:
Post a Comment