Last weekend we sat down to make Mother's Day cards for my boys' birth mothers. While the day isn't the biggest deal for me (I'm thankful to be a mother everyday!)...I know that it is going to be a difficult one for David and (A)'s mom.
(A) was excited to draw a picture for his mom. He drew himself, his birth mom, brother, me, and David. I wrote her a letter. David drew a picture of me, himself, and (A) and described it for me: "We're hunting for eggs and then I threw up because I ate too much candy." Nice! Where is mommy N? I asked. Apparently that card was for me...lucky me:).
What are our plans for Mother's Day this weekend? Well, our family does things a little differently:).
Tomorrow we all go out to dinner with David's birth mom. It's funny because (A) loves visits with her just as much if not more than David now! It is really special to be able to celebrate with her. Is that weird? Maybe, but it is how I feel...
Sunday we will have a visit with (A)'s birth mom. Those of you who know the situation, know where we will be....I am praying that it goes smoothly because we missed last week's visit. To be honest, the break really helped (A) in terms of his behavior, but he needs to see his mom. Please pray that we can help him after and be patient with the regression that is inevitable after this visit.
So there you have it! Mother's Day....two boys...three different moms.
Before I close, let me just write a few words about what I love most about the little men in my life:
(A)
~ I love the way he hugs me and looks up at me with this bright cheerful eyes like my hugs are the best thing in the world.
~ I overheard him saying our meal time prayer in the bath last night: "Dear God help make strong help love people. Amen."
~ I love that he can brighten up a room of people with his enthusiastic "Hi!!!"
David
~ I love that he has so many questions about life and that he gets so excited about the smallest things...like a bug on his window.
~ I love that he tries to stand up for (A) when he is in trouble:)
~ I love that after a debate about whether or not he or (A) is bigger...he always exclaims, "God is the BIGGEST!"
Thank you, David and (A), for making me one proud mommy.
I love you!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment