I'll be honest. Sometimes our days feel really long. Sometimes when Lee gets home from work, I rack my brain for things we might need from the store and then kindly offer to leave the house and pick them up:). Because the boys are usually already in bed or asleep, I might take my time and let others go in line in front of me or sit in my car chatting with my mom or grandma before heading back home.
There are almost always some highlights in each day. Today just had more than others so I want to document them.
1) Anthony always wakes up early, but he has his morning activities/books set up in the living room so the rest of us can sleep. Usually, the little guy is up a little after Anthony wakes up. This morning he slept in - it was wonderful!
2) My dear friend came by and took the boys to lunch at her son's school! It was so fun for them to have lunch with their buddy and experience a school cafeteria. David couldn't believe that some of the kids had pizza for their lunch and only took a few bites before they were full. Haha. That boy loves his pizza.
3) The boys are both completing a book about feelings. They are learning to identify feeling groups and how their own bodies respond to different emotions. It has been excellent. Today, Anthony verbalized feeling disappointed in an appropriate way and allowed me to comfort him. That is huge.
4) Friday is our pizza night. I was ordering pizza online and that was of course the time that all chaos ensued and it was difficult for me to manage the boys and put in the order. David came up to me and said, "You seem frustrated, mommy. Here, let me give you a hug to help you feel better." Oh, and it really did help!
5) FaceTime with my mom and dad! The boys LOVE it and can't stop talking. Anthony shared about his new origami creations and David recited some funny poems he had memorized.
6) After dinner tonight, I was with the little guy- getting him ready for bed. When I came out, Anthony was sweeping the floor just because he "wanted to serve." He was singing "Make me a servant..." while sweeping the floor. You must know that Anthony HATES sweeping so this is a really big deal. I felt so blessed by that.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment