Pages

Friday, September 11, 2015

My Daughter

She is half my age. 

We don't speak the same language. 

We don't live in the same country. 

She is my daughter. 

It has been almost exactly four years since the last time I was able to look into her eyes and give her a hug. Four years. 

Tonight we were able to video chat with Jaqueline! For the first time in four years, I was able to see her expressions and hear her voice again. I wanted to jump through the screen and give her a hug and hold her sweet daughters. 

Frida is almost four years old. Sweet, joyful, precious Frida. She has dimples and the most adorable little singing voice. She loves to sing. Frida wants to go to school and have her own backpack and her own markers. Jaqueline cannot afford it. She is working 13 hours a day for only $30.00. She gives half of that to the woman who cares for her daughters while she is working. 

She is strong, though, and she loves her daughters well. 

I pray that her children see how her faith in a great, loving God sustains her. And that she feels His peace and love deeply as she perseveres during this stage of her life. 

Oh, how I wish I was there for her...to give her a much needed break...to pray with her...to just sit with her and spend time with her so she knows how much she is loved. 

For although she is just half my age, communicates in a different language, and lives in a different country.... 

She is my daughter. 

No comments:

Post a Comment