I don't know what it would be like to be a part of a different family every 8 months or so.
That has been Little D's "normal" and it breaks my heart.
When I ask him, "Who is your family?"
He points to himself.
And that must be how it feels.
You have no idea how much I long to tell him that I will be his mommy forever.
But I am not.
I am his mommy for now, but I will certainly love him like a mommy forever.
These two. Oh, these two.
My sons forever.
I reassured them of this tonight and then we began discussing the little guy's departure (we don't have a date).
David covered his ears and says he doesn't want to hear it.
Anthony confidently stated that he would be their foster brother forever, no matter where he lives.
He is right. Our family, while we want to reinforce permanency with the boys, is much much bigger than just the four of us.




No comments:
Post a Comment