Pages

Tuesday, July 21, 2015

Love with Abandon

I wrote recently about our upcoming permanent goodbye with Little D.

Well, God arranged something I never would have guessed and just like the rest of our experience with his case, it has been difficult to comprehend WHY.

I am learning, though, that no matter how crazy or unfair things seem - God knows better and I need to accept that I may never know or understand why things have to be messy rather than the clean cut / "in a child's best interest" that I am used to fighting for.

So, there is a good chance that Little D will be with our foster family one last time before he leaves the country.

To be honest, I have been struggling with wanting to protect my heart - something that usually is not an issue for me at all. I knew that this week, before he arrives, I needed to spend a lot of time in prayer...seeking God's will and purpose for us in this sweet boy's life.

Then I felt it again. Love. It returned...that same love I felt for Little D the moment I met him. I would do anything for him.

I knew what God was calling me to do....LOVE - even if it hurts more. LOVE - no matter what because Little D deserves to feel Christ's love through us. His family deserves to feel Christ's love through us. This is what we are called to do...love with abandon.

"Little children, let us love not in word and speech, but in truth and action." 1 John 3:18

No comments:

Post a Comment