Over the past two weeks, I feel like God has been trying to teach me that nothing is too big for Him. As a consequence, I have been overwhelmed (in a good way).
Here's why:
Last week, we were able to see how He helped preserve a family. I say that so "matter-of-factly," but it really is a huge deal.
Sunday, we were able to see other believers come around two soon-to-be foster families and offer to be a consistent support.
This week was just a typical week until the refugee ministry at our church sent out an email about a mom and her son arriving here tomorrow from the Democratic Republic of the Congo.
As I read the email, I thought to myself....if God could help us set up an apartment for the sweet family we met last week, surely He can do big things for this family!
So I shared the need with our Orphan Care Ministry and our Support Group of foster and adoptive families throughout Northern VA.
The response was absolutely incredible. Incredible. In just one day, people donated enough items to furnish a whole apartment for two people and blessed them financially as well.
I was blown away by the generosity.
It was truly amazing. God is good.
And David and Anthony? Well, they were troopers as they joined me to pick up donated furniture today. Anthony is excited to meet the 7 yr old boy tomorrow and David was bummed he would miss it.
But we'll see David in his class tomorrow afternoon because he asked for me to come in and share with his friends about foster care. That boy's tender heart....it is really cool to see how God is already using it:).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment