Pages

Friday, February 20, 2015

Hip Hop

Every year the city of Alexandria puts on a Hip Hop Dance Party in February.

Every year we opt out because of how late it starts and ends.

Well, every year except this year.

I brought the boys. Lee stayed home.

Anthony was acting all weird at first and he said it was because he was nervous about having to dance. I reassured him that he wouldn't be forced to dance- there were other activities at the party.

Oh, but Anthony loves to move. It was late, his meds were no longer in effect, and he ate an entire thing of cotton candy by himself. Need I say more?

It was hysterical watching him as he stood mesmerized by the dancers on the stage and how his body just couldn't help copying their motions. It wasn't long before he was out on the dance floor in full force. David followed him and alternated between dancing and standing back with his hands in his pockets.

I enjoyed watching them both. They are such good buddies.

As we drove home, Anthony sat quietly in the back seat. He was worn out.

David on the other hand, was energized and couldn't stop talking.

Anthony started crying when we made it home - he had tied his balloon to his seat belt. He doesn't normally cry over something like that so I knew he must have been exhausted.

David just kept talking:).

Anthony couldn't even manage a smile when we got into the house and was greeted by Lee.

David just kept talking:).

They both had a great time and I am really really hoping that Anthony sleeps in for once in his life and that David also gets enough rest so that we can enjoy our day together tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment