Pages

Sunday, May 4, 2014

Who Wants to Pray?

Their framed pictures were carefully placed on a table outside of the worship center at church. 

Their prayer cards were set in front. The sweet women in the church office had kindly printed and cut them out. 

Flyers were placed on either side and sign up sheets waited to be filled. 

The responses of others always intrigue me. 

I found myself repeating that this event is not intended just for people who want to adopt or become foster parents. It is meant for anyone who has a heart to PRAY. These children need our prayers. 

Then, there was this little boy....

Everyone was in service and I had decided to stay by the table and attend during the second service. This little boy came up near the table, but his dad caught him and was talking with him. 

The little boy wasn't really paying attention to his dad, though, he was staring at the pictures on the table. Staring intently. 

So I quietly approached, knelt down, and asked, "Would you like to pick one of these children to pray for?"

"Yes!" He jumped out of his dad's lap and went straight to five year old Majayden's picture. He wanted to pray for this boy. I handed him a prayer card and explained that Majayden needed a mommy and a daddy. They walked away, holding the prayer card. 

I couldn't stop smiling. What a sweet heart this little boy has! 

Later on, when I was away from the table, I observed this same little boy trying to hand a prayer card to another older child. Ah hah! That is how we need to do it! So when my outgoing six year old with a similar gentle and passionate heart came to me after Sunday School, I asked him..."Anthony, would you like to pass out some of these prayer cards to the people coming out of church?"

Anthony picked up the prayer cards for the boy he has been praying for - Jason. I watched as he bravely entered the crowd of people and approached some adults. He handed them a card and explained why Jason needed prayers. I can't tell you how proud I was to see God use Anthony and his outgoing personality to advocate for other children. 

Would you like to join us in praying for these children? We covet your prayers because we know that we have a God who answers. It is incredible to see how many already have potential forever families! 

Here are the prayer cards for Majayden and Jason:








2 comments: