Pages

Friday, May 9, 2014

The Little Things

Yesterday afternoon I took my boys to the shoe store. I needed to find black shoes for David's part in the spring play at school.

We ended up finding some black sandals that would work for the play and could be worn all summer:).   I asked Anthony if he wanted to pick out a pair of sandals as well and oh boy was he excited!

Both boys carried their shoes to the register and the woman in front of us was giggling because of how enthusiastic they were about their new shoes. I let them change into their sandals after we purchased them and Anthony almost stopped a stranger to show him his new shoes.

We then ventured into the grocery store to pick up a few things and I told the boys that they could each pick out their very own apple. They could hardly contain their excitement! They were literally skipping to the cash register and then rushed to the drinking fountain to wash them off.

As we headed out, both boys devouring their healthy treat, Anthony beamed as he announced:

"This is the best end of the day ever!"

I smiled....so thankful that my boys find such joy in the little things!


1 comment:

  1. Love it Kaari!! I'm thrilled, too, when my kids get excited about small things. So special... Glad your boys enjoyed their sandals and apples :-)

    ReplyDelete