Pages

Monday, September 23, 2013

Car Conversations with My 6 Year Old

David: "Mommy, how are boys and girls different? I mean are their bodies the same?"

Me: ..........

Do you really think I would write out that answer? Let's just say that as I was explaining how boys and girls are different, I was thinking to myself, "There is no way I could have said this with a straight face 10 years ago."

------------------

David "I am learning about the brain. Did you know that in our brain we have the amygdala, the hippocampus, and the fre-frontal cortex?

Me: "You mean the pre-frontal cortex?"

David: "Yeah. The amygdala is the center for our emotions, the hippocampus is where we store our memories, and the pre-frontal cortex is what helps us make decisions."

Me: "Wow, you are really learning a lot in the first grade, David."

David: "Yeah, I know."

I was also thinking that his great-grandpa (who recently published the book, Implications of Brain Research for the Church) would be SO proud!

 ----------------
 

No comments:

Post a Comment