Pages

Monday, August 26, 2013

"I Bet You're Not Gonna Miss..."

Disclaimer: This post is about my current feelings and in no way negates the fact that I trust in God's perfect plans for our sweet boy nor does it take away from the fact that he has awesome grandparents who are going to love him with all their hearts.

Someone recently said to me, after learning that the baby would be transitioning soon..."I bet you're not gonna miss waking up at night."

What I said: "Actually, it isn't that bad."

What I wanted to say: "I would give up consistent sleep for the rest of my life if it meant that he could stay." 

I love this little guy with all of my heart. I feel like his mother and that is how he deserves for me to feel.

If you knew that your child was only with you for a short while, would you daydream about having a full night of sleep?

I doubt it.

While my heart is aching at the thought of saying goodbye...and I sometimes wonder how he is going to feel when he is crying and I'm not there to comfort him....

I am grateful. 

I am grateful because one way that God is using our circumstances is to help me cherish every single moment I have with this precious little boy.

Believe it or not, I am even going to miss washing all of his bottles:).




No comments:

Post a Comment