I must admit that at times I find myself blocking out what God is trying to teach me...simply because it feels too overwhelming and I'd rather 'not go there.'
Yesterday was one of those days when it was obvious that God was trying to send me a message through (A), but I did not embrace it. I didn't not embrace it mostly because I didn't want to break down in tears in front of him.
It started yesterday morning, when (A) informed me that he loved Jesus very much. It continued during bath time when he pointed out the Bible verse I hung up in the bathroom. I put it there because it was a verse that provided me comfort when thinking of our little man leaving...
He had not taken notice of it in months, but last night he asked me to read it over three times. By the third time, I had a feeling God was wanting me to really THINK about the words.
"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11
Finally, at bed time, he picked out a new book that we had not read together before. It was a book about heaven.
I went to sleep early last night...not really wanting to embrace what God was trying to teach me, but here I am tonight, thankful again for the reminder that this life is temporary and that our loving Heavenly Father has much bigger plans for our lives than we could ever imagine.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment