Psalm 116:15
I had never read this verse before. Or at least I don't remember reading it. God gave it to me last night after I had just written Jaqueline a few emails in response to hers:
"I love you a lot, mom. You and Ashley are my life and if something happened to you I would die another time. Mom I love you with all of my life. Love Jaqui"
I opened my Bible and the first passage I read brought tears to my eyes because it was Jaqueline's favorite:
John 10:27-28 "My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me. I give them eternal life, and they will never perish. No one can snatch them away from me."
The second one felt like God was reassuring us that we aren't alone in the pain of it all:
Psalm 116:15 "The Lord cares deeply when his loved ones die."
I am so thankful that we have a Lord who 'cares deeply.'
------
This afternoon as David and I were driving home, he spotted an airplane. These are quotes from the conversation that followed:
D: "Oh mommy, look! I see a airplane behind the trees over there."
M: "Where do you think it is going, David?"
D: "To Mexico to see Jaqueline and Ashley."
M: "Yes, it could be going to Jaqueline, but Ashley isn't in Mexico. Do you remember where she is?"
D: (silence as he was trying to remember)
M: "Ashley is in heaven with Jesus."
D: "Oh, yeah! Ashley is in heaven with Jesus. (pause to think) I think she was born. She was laying down. She was wearing a hat. She closed her eyes. I think she is sleeping."
M: (stunned as I realized that he was recounting the day he saw Ashley in her casket) "I think you might be remembering Ashley at her funeral, David. She looked like she was sleeping, but she was in heaven with Jesus."
D: "Look at that red motorcycle!"
Wow. It is amazing to me how David must have such a vivid picture in his head of Ashley from that day. I am constantly reminded of how much these little ones soak in. I pray that God uses these experiences to help David grow up to be a 'man after His own heart' because I know that it is a heart that 'cares deeply.'
No comments:
Post a Comment